Stellar Drive clone helps to create a mirror replica of your Mac hard drive. You can create bootable backup images and use them to restore in case hard drive crashes. Clone your hard drive to new bigger drive that makes drive migration painless and save your precious hours. You can clone hard drive or volume and restore data quickly. Drive clone is easy to use. Just select the source and destination and it starts cloning.
Clone Hard drive or Volume:
- Creates a exact replica of the harddrive on another drive.
- Clone volume to another volume on the same drive or another drive. The cloned volume can be used either as a bootable volume or backup
- Clone volume to a folder - Creates a copy of the source volume on a folder / volume in another drive. Great function as helps you to also clone your boot partition which can be later used for booting your system in the event of system crash
- Clone volume to a connected network drive. Works as a backup tool
- Harddrive Image: Creates image file of the drive that contains exact, block by block copy of every single byte of hard drive.
- Volume Image: Creates an image file containing exact, sector-by-sector copy of every single byte of the volume.
Resize & Restore Volume :
- Resize the volume of the destination drive to make full use of it.
- Restore Volume from folder: Restore function enables you to restore volume from backup/clone stored in a folder
- Restore Volume From Image File: Functionality enables you to restore the volume stored as image file to original state.
- Creates bootable DVD and Minimal System for Mac OS X
How to Clone a drive using Stellar Clone Drive
To Clone Hard Drive:
- 1. In the Clone pane, select Clone Drive option.
- 2. Select the source drive and destination drive from Select Source list and Select Destination list, respectively.
- 3. Click Continue, to proceed.
By default, the source drive will clone to the destination drive without any changes. For more detail instructions click here to refer to help manual.
How to Clone a volume using Stellar Clone Drive
To Clone a Volume:
- 1. In the Clone pane, select Clone Volume option.
- 2. Select the source volume and destination volume from Select Source list and Select Destination list, respectively.
- 3. Click Continue, to proceed. You get a warning message, that the operation will overwrite existing data. Make sure that you have selected the right source and destination and click Continue.
1.4. Once the process is completed, entire data in the source volume will be cloned to the destination volume.
Note: This operation will completely erase the destination volume beyond recovery. If you select freespace as the destination drive, the application will first create partition using freespace and then perform clone.
For more detail instructions click here to refer to help manual.
How to clone a volume to a folder using Stellar Clone Drive
To Clone Volume to a Folder:
- 1. In the Clone pane, select Clone Volume to Folder option.
- 2. Select source volume from the Select Source list and to select destination volume, click Choose Destination.
- 3. You need to navigate to the destination volume/folder and click Choose.
- 4. Click Continue to proceed. The progress bar will show the process status.
- 5. Once the process is completed, entire data in the source volume will be cloned to the destination.
How to clone a volume to Network Drive using Stellar Clone Drive
Clone Volume to Network Drive
To Clone Volume to Network Drive:
Important Note: Disconnect all the other network drives, except the selected one
- 1. In the Clone pane, select Clone Volume to Network Drive option.
- 2. Select source volume from the Select Source list.
- 3. The Select Destination list will show all the network drives connected to the system. Select the required destination in the network, make sure that all the other network drives are disconnected.
- 4. Click Continue, the progress bar will show the process status.
For more detail instructions on how to resize a volume, restore a volume or folder and create a bootable to refer to help manual.